Position: Information Coordinator – Part Time
Provides front desk administration support. You are the first person the public speaks to and interacts with, so first impressions are a vital role to this position. This person would answer phones, greet the public, provide administrative support and other duties as assigned for the Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce.
Reports directly to the President/CEO of the Norfolk Area Chamber and works as a team with the NAC staff.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Will train to suit
Requires strong interpersonal communication skills including telephone, computer, organization and communication. Must be able to work successfully with the public, provide courteous customer serve and conform to deadlines.
Proficiency in drafting correspondence, writing skills (correct grammar, punctuation and form) and public relations skills, experience with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook) and the ability to learn other computer programs as required. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for the role of front desk clerk must possess exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Interact professionally with all who enter building
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks
- Communicate effectively with Chamber team, supervisors, Chamber members and public
- Outgoing, people person
- Has a good understanding of activities and events going on in the community.
- Keep records of meeting schedules, rooms, and other duties as assigned.